Friday, May 30, 2008

‘Radio has better penetration than television’


Sid
dharth Kannan

In the USA, the radio medium is bigger than television. Every second person I meet is a radio jockey these days. Earlier, this professional medium was not taken too seriously but I personally feel that radio has more penetration than television. Television need not be that possessed as compared to radio. Every person has access to radio nowadays. A few years down the line radio will be bigger than television.



I started my journey as an RJ when I was 14 years old and that's the reason I am in the Limca book of records as the youngest RJ. RJ, voice-over, television have happened to me without me putting in that effort. For me, radio is my wife and television is my mistress.



The times are changing, where earlier people would not / could not laugh at themselves, now they are more sporting. But I still feel guys are sportier than girls. Women have not reached that point where they can laugh on themselves but men surely have that capability.


In these changing times, television and radio, both the mediums are willing to experiment at present. They are willing to be bold. Besides concentrating on entertainment they are responsible in bringing about a movement – be it about health, corruption, social aware issues, etc.

mumbai news
Rate Me...

*
*
*
*
*

Mail this Article Mail this Article Print this Article Print this Article
mumbai news

No comments: